I got an email from Pelf Nyok a few days ago. In the email, she mentioned that she has a turtle blog some where but did not include the link to it. I guess it is not ready for “public viewing” yet. Curiosity kicked in and I ended up searching for it myself. Behold, the turtle blog.
Anyway, she asked if I (and others) had any questions at all about turtles, terrapins (what on earth are terrapins?) or tortoises that she can answer. Questions like “Do turtles have teeth?” or “How many species of turtles are there in Malaysia?” or “Are the leatherback turtles really extinct?”
Since I can’t think of any smart questions like that, I am bringing up 10 silly questions that people would probably not dare to ask.
- How long can turtles hold their breath under water?
- How deep can a turtle swim in the sea?
- If a turtle flips over and lies on its back, how will it “unflip” itself?
- Can turtles live in fresh water?
- Do turtles mate on land or in the ocean? And how do they mate?
- How long is a turtle’s *ahem* when it is erect?
- What kind of sound does turtle make? (an audio file would be great)
- Do turtles have “inter-species” relationship? If yes, what are their newborns called?
- Do turtles live in groups, pairs or by individuals?
- Which is your favorite ninja turtle?
If any of you reading this have any other questions to ask, leave a comment below. Thank you!